Our Spirometry Devices Are Positionally Insensitive With The Industry’s Most Stable Zero
Spirometry products require
Advancements made possible with Superior Sensor’s NimbleSense™ architecture maintains minimal zero point deviation and virtually eliminates erroneous readings due to positional sensitivity issues. Proprietary technology to enhance the zero function drift enables very efficient patient diagnosis. Coupled with the industry’s highest performance pressure sensor technology platform, Superior Sensor has plans for public announcements later in 2018.
Spirometry provides a way to test a patient’s lung functions. Specifically, it measures the lung capacity and volume under various test conditions. It is vital tool used to diagnose and manage many different types of lung diseases. Some of the most common measurements taken are Forced Vital Capacity (FVC) which is the largest amount of air that you can blow out after you take your biggest breath in and Forced Expiratory Volume (FEV1) which is the amount of air you can blow out of your lungs in the first second of exhalation. These measurements along with PEF (Peak Expiratory Flow), MVV (Maximum Voluntary Ventilation), TLC (Total Lung Capacity), and others enable doctors to identify and treat the various lung diseases. For example, the value of FVC together with FEV1 can help diagnose the type of lung disease present. A low FEV1 value indicates that there is a blockage in the air flow out of the lungs – a critical item to be monitored for COPD patients. Spirometry is thought to be the most reliable way to test your lungs for COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) and asthma. Additionally, Spirometry testing determines the severity of the disease and is done to cross check the efficacy of a given lung treatment. Overall Spirometry provides a very important tool to diagnose and treat a variety of lung related medical issues.
Superior Sensor Technology has optimized our NimbleSense™ platform for Spirometry applications with the upcoming SP Series of devices. This family of products addresses the unique performance requirements of this market with a highly differentiated offering:
- Improved auto-zero maintenance using a proprietary algorithm to maintain minimal zero point deviation – Eliminating the impact of long-term drift
- Positionally insensitive devices – Ensuring consistent and highly accurate handheld readings regardless of orientation of the Spirometry device
- Sensor accuracy, total error band and long-term drift are the best in the industry – Ensuring better Spirometry measurements, yielding faster and more accurate patient diagnosis
- Enhanced EMI immunity – Ensuring the SP Series functions flawlessly in increasingly crowded RF environments created by a confluence of wireless transmitters
- Warm-up time is virtually eliminated – Excellent choice for time critical installation applications
Low power consumption – compatible with leading handheld requirements